A long time has passed since we created this program. Our workflow has evolved since and we don't use it any more. Our npm packages live in a monorepo on Github, deployment is via Semaphore CI and
commitizen automates all the versioning and changelog updates.
We're saying this because normally we use our programs, following the "eat what you cook" principle of Indieweb
7 main features (see above):
- Wraps the version with a link (brackets) and creates the diff URL in the footer.
- Adds missing diff links in the footer. It's intelligent-enough to detect existing links and their order.
- If the
.gitrepo data is successfully read, it will create/convert diff links either in Bitbucket- or GitHub-based repository changelogs.
- User account name in diff link is set correctly as per
- Project's name in diff link is set correctly as per
- "from" version is chosen wisely. If there is no
gitdata available, a previous entry in the changelog will be used. But if there is, the real, previous version will be used. In practice, often there are many patch releases between changelog entries (hence the word used in the title — "notable changes"). If we merely calculated the diff between changelog entries (usually minor/major releases), all patch releases would get caught in between and skew the picture of what was released for real.
- If dates are not in ISO format (year-month-date), we try to convert them. Couple well-known projects with messed-up changelogs are used as guinea pigs in our unit tests.
chlu(changelogContents, [gitTags, packageJsonContents])
In other words, it is a string-in, string-out function.
||String||yes||Contents of the changelog|
||Plain Object||no||Git data from
||Plain Object||no||package.json to retrieve the current version|
It returns a string, processed changelog.
See it in the monorepo , on GitHub.
To report bugs or request features or assistance, raise an issue on GitHub .
Any code contributions welcome! All Pull Requests will be dealt promptly.
Copyright © 2010–2021 Roy Revelt and other contributors
_.includesbut with wildcards
_.pullAllbut with globs (wildcards)